Medical Library Association of India was registered in 1981 as a professional body under the societies registration act (India) 1860 with the following objectives:
- Professional development for effective health science information and library systems and services through mutual cooperation.
- To built up a body of professional experience that could be utilized in the smooth and effective functioning of the libraries in the field of biomedical and allied sciences.
- To help libraries provide effective service to students and trainees, practicing physicians, field workers, research workers, teachers, administrators in the biomedical and allied fields.
- To devise methods and techniques for the improvement in quality of collection, storage and dissemination of information.
- To foster mutual cooperation and assistance among the various bio-medical libraries in the country and the library personnel working therein.
- To serve as an institution for the exchange of professional knowledge and experience by organizing training courses, seminars, conferences, lectures workshops etc., and by publishing reports, monographs, bulletins, catalogues, bibliographies, journals etc., and to promote the interests of the biomedical and allied sciences, libraries and librarianship.
Headquarters: K-43, Kailash Colony, New Delhi-110 48, India